Mosquito are small flying insects that are usually present in dark and dirty places such as corners of rooms and offices and many other places. They are small in size butt carry many harmful diseases and in some cases persons may die. Everyone knows how annoying – and painful – midges and mosquitoes can be. Somehow, no matter how many you manage to swat, there always seem to be some that manage to get through to give you a nasty, itchy bite or two. In India almost every year we face near calamity like situations due to mosquito borne diseases such as Dengue and Chicken-gunya. Therefore it is imperative that mosquito pest control or fumigation be done regularly to avoid the spread of such diseases. Some mosquitoes transmit extremely harmful and deadly infections such as malaria, yellow fever, Chickengunya, West Nile virus, dengue fever, filariasis, Zika virus and other arboviruses, rendering it the deadliest animal family in the world.
Here are some facts that you might want to know about these nasty little insects:
- They can develop from eggs to adults in just six to ten days.
- They are found close to still water, where their larvae feed and develop.
- They seem to be attracted to dark colours.
Mosquitoes will normally bite you at dawn or dusk – or if you’re unlucky, both. That’s when their internal clocks tell them it’s feeding time.
For Mosquito pest control we can use some eco-friendly chemicals and some other lotions apply on our body through this we can protected from the Mosquito bites.
- Cover up your body, Wear light-coloured, long-sleeved shirts and pants with fabric thick enough to prevent mosquitoes from biting. Shoes and socks are also recommended.
- Avoid being outdoors in the early evening to morning. This is when mosquitoes are most active and likely to bite.
- Reduce mosquito breeding sites around your home. Mosquitoes breed in water that has been standing for longer.